• Be professional in appearance
• Age Requirement:
Choice Transport’s independent contractor drivers must be at least 23 years of age.
• Must meet all Federal Motor Carrier guidelines
• Driver’s License Requirement
Choice Transport requires a valid Class-A CDL for all Tow-Away drivers with Double/Triple and
Tank Endorsements in the state of residence. No current license suspension or revocation.
• A minimum of two (2) years experience in the operation of tractor/trailer equipment.
• Acceptable PSP: (Only CDL drivers need a PSP) Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration’s pre-employment screening progrm (PSP):
Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration’s pre-employment screening program (PSP) is a program that helps motor carriers make more informed hiring decisions by providing electronic access to a driver’s crash and inspection history from the MCSA Motor Carrier Management Information System (MCMIS). PSP records are now available for motor carriers and commercial drivers.
• Acceptable MVR
We will obtain a motor vehicle report through USIS. Reports will be checked for the previous 3 years.
No serious or disqualifying traffic violations within the last three years as follows:
• Excessive speeding, involving any single offense for any speed of 15 mph or more above the posted speed limit.
• Reckless driving, as defined by state or local law regulation, including but not limited to the offense of driving a motor vehicle in willful or wanton disregard for the safety of persons or property.
• Improper or erratic lane changes.
• Following the vehicle ahead too closely.
• Driving while intoxicated or under the influence of drugs.
• Hit and run, leaving the scene of an accident, or failure to report an accident.
No more than four (4) moving violations in the past 36 months, and no more than two (2) moving violation in the previous 12 months.
No preventable accidents involving a fatality, bodily injuries treated away from the scene, or disabling damage to a motor vehicle within the past three (3) years.
***A history of Drug-related convictions, DUI, DWI, OWI, careless driving, reckless driving or habitual offender convictions will disqualify an applicant from further consideration. **
• TWIC (Transportation Worker Identification Credential)
Each driver is encouraged to have or obtain a TWIC card. Choice Transport delivers to all Ports within the 48 states and a TWIC card is required. You will be compensated for such deliveries.
• Full 10 year work history
You must document a full 10 year work history on your application.
• Pass a DOT Drug test at Choice Transport specified facility
Drug testing must be done and Negative results received prior to orientation.
• Pass a DOT Physical
May use existing physical if it has been administered within the previous 6 months of your application date.
Every driver must have a active cell phone. (Before you come to orientation have an active cell phone and voice mail established.)
• Escrow Account
Each qualified contractor is required to establish an Escrow Account during the orientation period. The Escrow Account is $1500. We understand that this can be a hardship for new contractors. Therefore, two options are available.
• Personal check, money order or cash.
• You may have 10% of each trip deducted until you attain the $1500 level.
• You must submit a copy of your vehicle registration
• You must submit a current stamped copy of your HVUT-2290 receipt
• You must submit a copy of your truck title in your name
• Truck must be owned
If your truck is under a lease we will require a copy of the Lease as well as a copy of the title in the
leasing companies name
• Truck License Plate
The truck’s license plate must be sufficient to legalize a combination of truck and trailer up
to 80,000 lbs. Choice Transport can optain an Oklahoma Prorate Plate for you, the cost being approximately $1500 for the year. We require a deposit of $500 at the time of orientation with the balance being paid through weekly settlement deductions. You can however use your own Prorate Plate as long as it meets the weight requirements and is prorated for all 48 states.